Frequently Asked Questions: Easy Crewed Charters
Everything you need to know about Dream Yacht Easy Crewed charters.
- What is an Easy Crewed Charter?
- What is the difference between Easy Crewed and Fully Crewed Charters?
- How is the price calculated for an Easy Crewed Charter?
- How many people can I bring along with me?
- How can I book?
- How is the itinerary set?
- What’s specifically included in an Easy Crewed Charter program?
- What’s not included in an Easy Crewed Charter?
- What are the destinations where I can sail on Easy Crewed Charter?
- How can I check fleet price or make a reservation?
- Who makes up the crew on an Easy Crewed yacht charter?
- Can you tell me about your yachts?
- What deposit payment is required to book?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How can we find out what special offers are available?
- Can you accommodate special dietary requirements?
- Are there child or age restrictions?
- What happens if the weather changes?
- How do guests get to shore from the yacht?
- What is the dress code?
- What footwear should I wear onboard?
- Can I use my hairdryer and hair straighteners on board?
- Can I charge my mobile phone/tablet on board?
- How much cash should I carry?
- What is the smoking policy on the yachts?
What is an Easy Crewed Charter by Dream Yacht?
Easy Crewed Charter is a new product by Dream Yacht Charter that offers a conveniently packaged full private boat rental for a week, including skipper, cook/hostess, and daily breakfast/lunch meals – the perfect sailing holiday solution for guests with no sailing experience, or those just wanting to relax with friends and family and let us take care of the details of the trip.
Just choose the destination among the ones available and the people they want to sail with, and we take care of the rest.
What is the difference between Easy Crewed and Fully Crewed Charters?
An Easy Crewed Charter includes a few services to make your experience smooth, and relaxing while you can focus on enjoying the navigation and the destinations we visit. The services that we add to the boat are a skipper and cook/hostess that will prepare daily breakfasts and light lunches, and also to clean common areas. Finally, we add water toys, soft drinks and all port fees and taxes.
The Fully Crewed Charter instead is an premium all-inclusive experience which includes full board with all meals, snacks and beverages included (specific brands can be sourced on request), water sports equipment, skipper, chef, entertainment centres, AC, all housekeeping services and port taxes and fees.
How is the sailing itinerary set?
You will meet with your skipper on the first day to create an initial itinerary that can be modified along the way according to preferences, or as needed for weather conditions.
- One week yacht accommodations for your group
- Professional skipper
- Dedicated hostess
- Daily breakfast and light lunch for your group
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Bedlinen and towels
- Daily cleaning of common areas
- Snorkeling equipment and paddle board
- Onboard WiFi
- Marinas and port fees
- Yacht fuel and insurance
- Tourist taxes
- Airport transfers (can be arranged on request)
- Alcoholic beverages (order in advance – or shop locally during your charter)
- Dinners and any meals ashore
- Excursions ashore, or additional water sports activities
- Crew gratuity
- Damage deposit (500 € per boat, to be paid at the base)
- Cancelation/travel insurance
What are the destinations where I can sail on Easy Crewed Charter?
We currently offer this product from several of our bases in Croatia and Greece.
You can find out more on Easy Crewed Charter website page.
How can I check fleet price or make a reservation?
You can check price on our website. To make a reservation or get help and advice, you can contact us. If you wish to sail or have a different experience in mind that isn’t displayed on our website, our expert team can advise you.
Who makes up the crew on an Easy Crewed yacht charter?
Your crew includes a skipper to sail the boat for you and a cook/hostess. All our crews are handpicked for their expertise in sailing, cuisine and customer service, as well as destination knowledge.
Can you tell me about your yachts?
All our Easy Crewed yachts are of high standards, spacious and comfortable. They are a mixture of ages, although all are professionally maintained and have regular updating. The fleet includes sailing monohulls and catamarans from 43- to 52-feet in size, and power catamarans from 36- to 40-feet.
What deposit payment is required to book?
You will need to pay a 30% deposit to confirm the booking and the balance is due 45 days prior to embarkation. Once a booking has been confirmed, offers and discounts cannot be applied retrospectively.
What is the cancellation policy?
We highly recommend you arrange travel insurance to cover non-refundable deposits and/or transportation and flights in case you need to cancel for an unexpected reason.
a. If the charter guest cancels more than 60 days before the original charter start date, Charterer will lose their 30% deposit.
b. If the Charterer cancels 59 days or less before the original charter start date, Charterer will lose the entire charter fee paid to date. If Charterer has already paid for add-on options, DYC will reimburse Charterer for these expenses, unless cancellation occurs within seven days of departure. If within seven days, payment for add-on options will not be refunded.
How can we find out what special offers are available?
You can find our special offers on our website. When you select a departure date, it will show if there are any discounts available. You can also sign up to our newsletter to keep updated about our special offers.
If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist.